484-684-6055    [email protected]

Lawyer in Southeastern PA Area Explains Modification of Custody and Visitation

When a divorce or separation occurs and the parenting plan and custody is set, it is important for clients to understand that with changes in circumstances, modification of custody and visitation maybe needed at a later time. Attorney Jack A. Rounick is a lawyer in Southeastern PA who is here to help walk clients through the process of making changes to their originally set custody and visitation orders through the courts.

Modification of custody and visitation should be considered if there is a change that may affect the child in a negative or positive way. Some examples of situations in which a parent may want to take the other to court for modification include scenarios such as the below:

  • Changes in one parent’s work schedule may significantly change their parenting time or visitation time with their child, and therefore adjustments need to be made.
  • One parent decides to relocate out of the state and needs permission to do so through the courts.
  • One parent has had a substantial change in income which may warrant reevaluation of child support or spousal support.
  • The child is of an age to make the decision to live with one parent over the other, as approved by the courts.
  • There is a change in the child’s medical or developmental health in which it may be beneficial for the child to spend more time with one parent than the other.

Modifying the terms of a parenting plan or custody arrangement can often be done with mediation. Mediation allows the parties to work out an amicable agreement that satisfies everyone. However, there are times when this will not work and clients need legal representation to help them present their case to the courts for litigation.

Attorney Jack A. Rounick and his team of professionals are here to assist clients in making necessary modifications to their post-decree orders. If you live in Southeastern PA and are seeking legal representation, contact our office at (484) 684-6055 to make an appointment to speak to our attorneys.