484-684-6055    [email protected]

Divorce Lawyer in PA Can Help with Improved Fathers’ Rights in Custody Cases

In the past, fathers had limited rights when it came to divorce cases involving children. It was always assumed the mother was the fit and proper parent to care for the children and fathers could have loosely defined visits with their children. Many times these fathers ended up edged out of their children’s lives, especially if the mother was spiteful and uncooperative in sharing time. Thankfully, times have changed and now, fathers in the Southeastern PA area who are facing a divorce or separation now have more opportunities to be involved in their children’s upbringing.

It has been found that children benefit greatly from having both parents actively participating in their lives with a reasonable parenting schedule after a separation or divorce. Children who had more one-on-one time with each of their parents fared better in school and their careers, had reduced risks of teen pregnancy and illegal drug use, and often had less proclivity to commit criminal acts. Attorney Jack Rounick of Southeastern PA believes that maximizing parenting time with each parent is key to raising successful, happy, well-rounded children.

It is important to work with an experienced lawyer who can assist in custody and visitation issues. Fathers have rights too and should not let the states determine their time with their children. Instead, each case should be analyzed individually to determine what is in the best interests of the child. In some cases, this may mean giving primary custody to the father instead of the mother, especially if there is an issue regarding drug abuse, physical abuse, or mental health issues, which may put children at risk.

Attorney Jack A. Rounick and his team are here to assist parents in coming together to decide custody and visitation in a manner that respects the children affected by the split. Call his firm at (484) 684-6055 to schedule a consultation appointment and find out more about how he can represent you in your upcoming divorce or separation case and ensure you get rights and access to your children.